08 Dec 7 Ways to Stay Positive During a Physician Job Search
Does job hunting have you in despair? It’s easy to become frustrated during a prolonged job search, especially in times that are already uncertain. However, cultivating a positive attitude will help you come across favorably during interviews and help you find personal and professional satisfaction.
Here are some tips for staying positive throughout your job hunt…and everything in your life!
- Focus on what you can control. You can’t control whether you get called for an interview, but you can make sure you have a first-rate resume and cover letter. You can set goals for how many applications you submit each day. You can also set aside a certain amount of time to network, follow up on job opportunities, and research great companies in your industry. By focusing on things you can control, you’ll feel like you’re making progress even if your search continues.
- Write positive affirmations. Make a list of your great qualities and the skills that will eventually get you the job you deserve. Read it each day. Focusing on your abilities will lift your spirits and be excellent practice for a job interview.
- Stay active. Although you want to stay focused, you can’t job hunt every minute of the day. Take advantage of your time off to see friends you haven’t seen in a while or engage in a favorite hobby. Make time to exercise! It will improve your mood and keep your energy up.
- Visualize what’s next. Visualization is a powerful tool. Turn within and picture yourself getting the job you desire. Imagine every detail. This will help you keep your eye on your goal and potentially help you focus even more clearly on what you want.
- Observe your response to events in your life. When something bad happens, what do you say or think? Is it along the lines of, “What else should I expect? Life stinks.”? If so, make a conscious effort to respond positively. Reframe your thoughts and words to something more like, “Tomorrow will be better.” Keep in mind: you aren’t alone. Everyone fails. Everyone has setbacks. It’s part of the process, and the people who keep trying often reach their goals.
- It’s natural to want to withdraw when things aren’t going well, but you likely need engagement and encouragement during your job search. Interaction and networking with others can bring unexpected opportunities. For an even more positive impact, hang out with cheery people and avoid the “drags” in your life. Let their positive energy inspire you!
- Start Small. If you’re reading these tips and thinking, “If only it were that easy!” don’t worry. Pick one thing on this list and see if it makes a difference for you. Start small and keep trying. Most of all, don’t give up!
Are you looking for a job in the healthcare industry?
Annashae strives to find the best possible match between our practitioners and clients. Whether you are looking for a locum tenens position, a short-term assignment, or any role in between, our dedicated recruiters can find an excellent opportunity for you. Partner with Annashae!