10 Oct Top 10 Highest Paying Cities for Psychiatrist Jobs
Want a high-paying job in the psychiatry profession?
Looking for a change of scenery?
Have you ever considered relocating to further your career goals?
Several cities in the United States have a high demand for psychiatrists—and offer well above average salaries. According to information published by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in May of 2020, the mean annual wage for psychiatrists is $217,000. But there are cities across the United States where a skilled mental health professional can earn far above the average.
Here are the top ten highest paying locations for psychiatrists across the country:
- Northern PA (nonmetropolitan) — Average annual wage: $299,020
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA — Average annual wage: $297,710
- Santa Rosa, CA — Average annual wage: $289,580
- Kansas City, MO-KS — Average annual wage: $287,220
- Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT — Average annual wage: $279,450
- Tucson, AZ — Average annual wage: $279,240
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA — Average annual wage: $278,900
- San Luis Obispo-Paso Robles-Arroyo Grande, CA — Average annual wage: $265,810
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA — Average annual wage: $252,080
- Southern OH (nonmetropolitan) — Average annual wage: $243,810
The need for experienced mental healthcare professionals spans the country with high-paying psychiatrist positions everywhere from Connecticut to California. Many practice environments offer top pay and incredible opportunities, including:
- Federal and state facilities
- Local government
- Residential intellectual and developmental disability, mental health, and substance abuse facilities
- Outpatient care centers
- Other residential care centers
Looking for a high-paying psychiatrist job?
Annashae places psychiatrists in short and long-term positions with competitive pay nationwide and has clients that accept any state license to practice at their facility. We serve federal agencies such as the VA and DoD, as well as commercial facilities and state-level agencies in exciting cities like Indianapolis, IN, Louisville, KY, Chicago, IL and more.
If you are looking for a tailored career path and work-life balance, connect with your own personal Annashae recruiter for a hand-in-glove fit for your next role. Annashae can also be a great home to residents and fellows seeking to earn extra income while enjoying a flexible schedule.
Find the best psychiatrist jobs nationwide!